Tuesday, June 24, 2008

LA to PCH

So I was pretty excited about LA because I was going to be seeing my friend, Meg, one of my good friends that I hadn't seen since graduation. She lived in a pretty nice part of town, which I came to learn is huge. LA is spread out over districts and very little goes on in downtown. We all went out to a bar in West Hollywood called Busby's. The car ride over was interesting with Joe and Steve trying to free style rap using only people's names. It was fantastic. Busby's had 2 pool tables, a ping pong table, and an arcade basketball game. Meg and I played pool most of the night while Steve and Joe went ADD on me and started texting and surfing the internet on their phones. At one point Joe was asleep in the bar. Lame. So we went back to Meg's apartment, chilled on her balcony and called it a night. Next day we said our goodbyes and hit the road for the Pacific Coast Highway. Now this was one the big things that I was looking forward to on this trip. Being able to drive it was almost like a dream. It was a beautiful drive that definitely got pretty scary in certain areas. The whole experience of it was amazing though, it is now one of those things I can cross off my "list." We made a stop at Pebble Beach and that was very cool. We walked up to the 18th green and I just pictured myself being Tiger Woods and winning the US Open. Yeah I'm that cool. From there it was a short drive up to Santa Cruz for a night of no plans. Here we go...

No comments: