Wednesday, June 25, 2008

San Fran, The City, or Frisco (take your pick)

So on the drive up, we stopped in Fremont at Janet's uncle's house. We got in a little quality Wii time and played with the dogs. By playing with the dogs I mean they piled on top of me, and when they were through I felt violated. The drive wasn't very far and we made it into the city, chilled and showered at the hostel and then hit the town. I wanted to see a few areas, but we knew that we would have time to sight see the next morning. Since we were close, we went to Union Square and China town. We made a stop in Lucky because they were having a big sale. Me and Janet both bought new shirts for the night, because we are both girls. Then we stopped for dinner in China town. Worst Chinese food ever! Not the nicest place, but you would still think Chinese food in China town would be half decent. I did have a Tsing-tao beer which brought back some memories of study abroad. After that we were off the a district that I was told would be a fun time. The location I was given was not exactly right so we ended walking to Fisherman's Wharf which was quite a hike, especially since San Francisco has the steepest hills ever. The views were very cool though. At the Wharf, we watched a beautiful sunset and then hit the bars. Started off at a nice place with a small jazz band playing and then went to Jack's which had 68 beers on tap. Very impressive. Then we asked the information both where we could find a slightly "younger" crowd, we got the name of another bar and headed there. Not exactly younger, but it was a fun place. Met some very cool people who I talked to for about 30 minutes and then me and Steve decided to move on. We went to a bar a block down, hung out there for a little bit then went back to collect Janet and Joe. They were off in their own little world, so me and Steve relocated to another part of town. We found a bar that reminded me of Kate's back in Newark (sigh). Both of us had met people within the first five minutes and fifteen minutes later Steve tells me we are leaving with a group of people to go somewhere else. I was in no mood to argue. We went to a not so nice part of the city and Steve took me to a place that I didn't want to go to. We went in, I was there for 10 minutes spent more money than I wanted and left. Problem was that Steve was MIA. I assumed he had left with his "new friends" so I bought a burrito and headed on my journey back to the hostel. Usually I am pretty good with my sense of direction, but I could not get my bearings. After about an hour of wondering the streets and about 7 self portraits of my actions I made it back to the hostel. Once there, me and Steve had some good laughs, met our roommate, and went to sleep. It was late and right before we called it a night, our roommate, an Asian girl, told Steve that he had talked the entire time she was in the room. Final quote of the night was by Ally Lim, [directed to Steve] "Shut your mouth and then shut your eyes." He finally listened and our night in San Fran came to an end. Next day, we saw the Golden Gate bridge, got a projectile show compliments of Janet, and headed off to Yosemite National Park. Right now, I consider us to be homeward bound.

No comments: