Sunday, June 29, 2008

Short stay in Salt Lake

After driving for about 9 hours, we arrived in Salt Lake City. Our first stop was to the local REI. I know I shouldn't be going there, but desperate times call for desperate measures. I knew that the Tetons were going to be cold, so Steve and Joe needed to get some cold weather gear. They both bought some fleeces and stated that REI was better than EMS. I haven't talked to them since. We then went to the hostel and met one of the happiest guys on the trip, Sherman. He was working the front desk when we checked in and he also ended up being our roommate for the night. He loved to make jokes and laugh out loud afterwards. He cracked us up. The hostel had an interesting mix of people, but our priority was to get some food. We went to Chili's had a filling meal. At the hostel, I was ready for bed, but the room was about 90 degrees and the fan was not capable of moving any air. I tried to sleep, but ended up joining Joe on the computers to do some blogging. I contemplated sleeping in the car, but finally went to sleep and we left early. Not a lot going on in Salt Lake, but Tetons were up next.

No comments: