Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Blur of the Midwest

So we decided to drive all day and all night. Joe took the first shift, Steve the second, and I had the final shift. Our first stop was Devil's Tower in Wyoming, it is our country's first National Monument. More exciting than the tower, was the prairie dog town at the base of it. There were probably 100 of these little guys barking all over. We chilled with them for a little while, took some pictures, and went to the tower. We took some pictures there, got back in the car and headed for the Mt. Rushmore. Mt. Rushmore was not that cool. First, it was smaller than I thought it would be. Second, the National Parks Pass that I have didn't get us admission into the visitor area so we didn't go in. Pretty lame. From there it was off to Badlands NP. This place was very cool. Pictures tell the story the best, but everything around the Badlands is just nothing but grasslands. So to have these crazy structures in the middle of the plains was very cool. We got there right around sunset, so that is another thing that I can cross off my "list". Not it was just drive time. I'm not exactly sure how many miles we covered, but Steve took over shortly after the Badlands around 9 pm and I took over at 3 am and we made it into Minneapolis close to 7 am. We then hung out in Minneapolis for a little while, saw the city, and went to the Mall of America. The driving in Minneapolis was awful, I kept going in circles trying to get out of the city and it took me 45 minutes to drive 7 miles and there was no traffic. I was not in a good mood by the time we got to the mall. Luckily, it was very cool, they had a Nickelodeon theme park in the middle and they had a Lego World. Me and Joe regressed about 16 years when we were there. Then we felt compelled to buy something, so we hit up some sales. Again, me being a girl I felt better after leaving the mall with my new purchases. But they were all really good deals, so it's OK. We then headed off for Amery, WI, which is where our next stop was.

No comments: