Saturday, July 5, 2008

Summerfest and Brewery Tours

It just so happened that when we were in Milwaukee, the largest music fest in the world was going on there. Awesome. First night there we went to go see Jack's Mannequin, who I don't really listen to, but once I saw them in concert I decided that I like them. Steve had made a couple friends on the bus ride over and we hung out with them most of the night. There were times that me and Joe went off on our own, just to cause some mischief. Me and Joe made friends with a kid named Matt and we hung out with him for a while, he was pretty cool. Once back at the hotel, me and Joe passed out while Steve was still trying to party. We let you down Steve, I am embarassed, for both of us.

Day two in Milwaukee, I got a late start. I decided to take it easy for most of the morning and into the early afternoon. Finally, we all went to the Miller Brewery for the tour and free beer. The opening video was intense, funny, and probably caused some brain-washing through subliminal messaging. We then saw the most beer any of us will ever see at one time. It was glorious! We then had some Miller Lite, some Leinenkugel Berry Weiss, and some awful pretzels. Then it was off to dinner, which was not very good. Actually, the only good thing were the fried cheese curds, and that was about it. Tonight at Summerfest was Matisyahu. I was pretty excited about this. We got there, had a couple beers, and posted up for the concert. It started off awesome, a lot of energy all over the place, then it kinda went into a downward spiral. All he had to do was play some of his hits that everyone knew and the concert would have been great. Instead, he played new songs which were really pretty mellow and not what I was looking for. We left there early and decided to hit up a couple bars in downtown area. We went to Water St. which was a cool place, and got suckered in to talking to some girls that me and Steve weren't exactly keen on talking to, but Joe was all about it. So me and Steve pretty much sat back and watched Joe be hilarious. Then we left, back to the hotel, and prepared for Chicago the next day.

No comments: