Saturday, June 7, 2008

Dallas Homecoming

So we got a little later start on the day then we originally planned, due to the festivities from the previous night. It was a loooonnnggg drive, I don't think I realized how long I was going to be in Louisiana for. The scenery was OK, pretty flat, but there were some cool swampy spots. Steve slept at least 5 hours of the 9 hour drive. My favorite part of the day thus far was stopping at my old house that I grew up in. I actually went into the house and then people living there were very nice. It was almost surreal to be back in the house that I have so many memories from. I talked with the people for a little while, about things that had changed in the house, and what not. Then I took a little ride around the old neighborhood and went past my old elementary school. It was a very cool moment. Now we are in the finest hotel in Dallas, the Econo Lodge. It got 1.5 stars on hotels.com. So far, AC sucks, toilet sucks, beds are small, and it's hotter then hell. But we are heading out into the city for a relaxed night, since we are still somewhat recovering from last night. Life cannot get any better right now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just saw all the pictures and read your comments. I wish I was young again!Oh well, I'll jout have to live it through you. Party hard, but save! I love New Orleans! Take care, Love you, Dad