Saturday, July 5, 2008

The Sentimental Reflection

This is tough. Over the past 32 days, I have had probably the greatest time of my life. This trip was something that I wanted to do and for a while, didn't think it was going to happen. I have to say thank you to everyone who helped us out, either by hosting us, giving us advice, and anything else that made this happen as perfectly as it did. I also have to say thanks to family for being completely supportive of this, it made it a lot easier. Finally, biggest thanks goes to my travel associates. I knew Steve was in from the first time I told him about it and asked him to come. He was also the one who got Joe in on the trip. Joe was the one who provided non-stop entertainment and laughs whether it was intentional or not. We definitely had our highs and lows on the trip, but the entire time we didn't have any disputes, arguments, or anything negative. All of us were just loving and enjoying the ride. Steve and Joe, you know what this trip meant to me, and I don't think it could have been any better, thanks guys.

With starting school in about 6 weeks, and my unquenchable thirst for fun and excitement, I knew I needed to take a huge shot of life before beginning. This trip proved to be just that and more. We went through a lot, and thanks to technology I was able to share most of it with friends and family. There are so many things that I did that I wanted to do. That is one of the most satisfactory feelings in the world. I drove across the United States and dove into the Pacific Ocean, are you serious? I went to Las Vegas and won $800, was that for real? Yes, yes and I couldn't have thought of a better way for my "final" summer to go. All those places that I have wanted to go, but never had the opportunity, I made the opportunity and loved every second of it. I know that right now I am fortunate because of not having any true responsibilities, but I will have serious responsibilities for the rest of my life. While I can, why not live it up? I am pretty sure Steve and Joe had the time of their lives, and I'm glad I could help facilitate that. For everyone else, I hope you have the chance to chase down those things that you want to do. And sometimes you have to create that chance out of nothing. This trip was the most eye opening thing I have ever done, and that is with traveling through China for a month. So many people talk about going overseas, but there is so much in our country that people don't even think about. Right now, I am content with life. In about 6 weeks, I am going to be pushed in a completely different way and I am ready for it. I may eat a dehydrated meal once a week, just to give me a little reminder of the road. And there is still the entire northeast to explore. Anyone up for a road trip? Just kidding for right now, I need some down time. I am excited to see my friends again, and tell them the stories. Now I am not going to go all super-patriotic on you, but our country is pretty amazing. I saw as much as I could in the allotted time, and if you look through the pictures, that only goes so far. It was an incredible experience that I hope people get to have. Some of the places I visited gave me a feeling of accomplishment and awe that is difficult to describe in words. With that I bid you all a farewell. I hope everyone enjoyed following along and getting some cheer out of our mishaps and victories. Finally, thanks again to everyone. Steve and Joe, love you guys.

PS - Our decision for best park was Zion NP. If you haven't check, out the pics and you'll see why.

No comments: